With the increasing number of mobile users, all the data of the users are being stored on their phones rather than on their computer devices. All their personal and professional information is now stored on their mobile devices. This has increased the need for backing up their mobile data.
Android is among the most popular operating system for mobile devices. This means that the majority of the population uses Android O.S. It is seen that many of the users know the process of backing up their files on Google Drive, but they do not always know the process of how to restore android phone from google backup.
In this article, I will be discussing the process of how to restore your android phone from Google backup and also the process of doing the backup on Google drive for the convenience of all the newcomers to the Android O.S.
Procedure To Backup Your Android Phone On The Google Drive
Google Drive had made the backing up of data very easy. It was introduced in 2012 on the 24th of April. Google Drive is a server-based storing system. It is free to sign in, and you can buy extra storage with paying a little extra. Google Drive also helps to share documents among users.
Before you know the process of restoring the data from Google drive, first you have to know the process of how to restore android phone from backup. To backup your data on Google drive you have to regularly sync your data to the Google drive. This process is very easy as you can turn on the auto-sync option of the Google drive and it will automatically sync the data for you.
To enable this, you can follow the steps given below:
- Select “Settings” option on your phone. Within the option, you have to click on the option of “Backup and reset”.
- After that, you will see the option “Backup my data”, you have to turn it on.
- Then, you have to back on the page of “Backup and reset”. On this page, you have to make sure that the your Backup content is linked with your Google account.
- After that, you have to turn on the feature of “Automatic restore”. This will help to restore the data and the settings while the application is installing.
After this process, you can rest easy, as your data will get automatically backed up on Google drive. And, whenever you data gets corrupted or lost, you can restore them from here.
How To Restore Android Phone From Backup
You can very easily restore all of your lost data, which you have uploaded to the drive, from the Google backup. You do not require any other device for this recovery process other than your phone, which is in a working condition.
- First of all, you have to go to Google Drive. Then sign-in to the same account which you used for doing the backup of your data on your Android device.
- After you have signed in to the account, you will see all the data which you have backed up on the screen.
- Then, you will be given an option for choosing a device for viewing them.
- After selecting your device, you have to clock on “Restore” for starting the restoring process.
Your restoring process will take some time. After the process is completed, you will be able to control the amount of application stored on your device. By going to Google Drive, you have to select the option of “My Drive”, and then press the “hamburger menu”. Then by going into the “Setting” and then to the “Manage backup”, you will be able to see all the applications which have been restored to your device.
Data are the most important thing in our life. These data are information about our personal and professional life. If these get lost, people will get very badly affected. This requires the backing up of data so that even if the main data gets lost, there is always a copy of them stored safely in another place.
I hope that from the article you have learned the process of how to restore android phone from google backup, and also the procedure for doing the backup. This process will help you to restore your data on any phone you like if your old phone has got damaged. And with the help of Google drive it has become easier to backup data and to restore it again.
With all the Google Drive’s advanced features, you can do many other things on it besides backing up data.