1. SPONSOR: Ethical Ocean, 101 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, is solely responsible for all aspects of this sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”).
2. ENTRY: During the period beginning at 12:01 A.M., September 17th, 2012, and ending at 11:59:59 P.M., September 30,2012 (“Entry Period”), you may enter this Sweepstakes in one way. For purposes of these Official Rules (“Rules”), all times and days are Eastern Daylight Time. (Online Entry: You may enter via the Internet by visiting our contest page (“Website”) and completing and submitting all information requested on the online sign-up/entry form, (“Online Entry”). Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing if you change your email address (“Address”). “Entry”: shall mean and refer to each Online Entry.
3. LIMITATIONS: All Online Entries must be received by 11:59:59 P.M., September 30, 2012; and all Mail In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Online Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Address is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 3 are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting Entry is prohibited. Open only to persons who are 18 or older upon entering and legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 states, or D.C. (collectively, “Territory”) or in Canada. Employees of the Sponsor; its parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies; the advertising, promotional and fulfillment agencies of each of them (individually and collectively, “Entities”); the members of their households and members of their immediate families, are all ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, illegible, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misdirected, multiple, mutilated, non-delivered, postage-due, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone, computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, mechanical or human error or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified and any attempt by a person to use multiple email accounts to register more than once may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, local and municipal laws and regulations.
4. PRIZES: 1 GRAND PRIZE: (1) $1000 gift card to Ethicalocean.com. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner’s responsibility. Total ARV of all prizes: $1000. Limit one prize per person/Address. If the actual value of a prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Any depiction of prize is for illustrative purposes only. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. The prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prize elements may not be separated. Only the number of prizes stated in the Rules is available to be won. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and prizes validly claimed by October 5, 2012, after which no alternate winners will be selected nor unclaimed prizes awarded.
5. PROCEDURES: Sweepstakes will be conducted during the Entry Period. On or about October 1, 2012, in a random drawing, the potential winners will be selected from all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
6. WINNERS: Potential winners will be notified by email on or about October 1, 2012. All legal responsibilities under the Rules of a minor (as defined by state or province of primary residence) will be assumed by a parent/legal guardian (“Parent”). At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner’s failure to respond to notification within ten (10) days after its mailing/transmission;  the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;  the return of any other notice or a prize as undeliverable;  potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Address associated with a winning Online Entry and US or Canadian resident;  potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  potential Grand Prize winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within ten (10) days after it is mailed; potential winner’s failure to claim a prize within ten (10) days after it is sent; potential winner’s failure to validly claim any prize before October 20, 2012; and  any other non-compliance with Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. All taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner.
9. RULES & WINNER’S LIST: For winners’ list available after October 20, 2012, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Commitment to Privacy
Ethical Ocean Inc. is committed to controlling the collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided by its members. Any time you do business with Ethical Ocean, or with anyone acting as an agent on our behalf, you are protected by the rights and safeguards contained in this Privacy Statement.
2. Information Gathered by Ethical Ocean
It is your responsibility to enter accurate contact information in your personal account. Ethical Ocean will try to ensure that information about your transactions is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In the event you have questions about the accuracy of factual information we have collected about you, you will have access to that information in order to verify and update it
4. Ethical Ocean Does Not Sell or Share Personal Information
Information about our members is an important part of our business. Ethical Ocean does not sell or share personal member information with any third-party. Ethical Ocean may disclose information to third parties that does not uniquely identify you as a member, such as website traffic information statistics.
Member information is stored in a database behind a firewall and is password protected to to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Access to all personal information is restricted to Officers of Ethical Ocean who are trained to respect privacy at all times. Passwords are never stored directly in our database ensuring that user accounts can never be accessed if our data is compromised. All personal data is transmitted and updated through encrypted protocols. Ethical Ocean never stores your personal financial information like credit cards numbers or bank accounts.
Ethical Ocean gives you access to information about your account and your transactions within ethicalocean.com. From your account page, you can view the contact information that Ethical Ocean has on record, as well as a history of purchases you have made with your account.
7. Age Requirement
Ethical Ocean is intended for users who are 18 years of age and older. People under the age of 18, are not permitted to submit any personal information.
8. Policy Amendments