Looking for a way to satisfy your sweet tooth that won’t leave you feeling guilty? Go raw.
“Raw living foods provide us with abundant energy and life force. They are easier to digest,” says Christa Orecchio, nutritionist and founder of The Whole Journey. But you don’t have to become a strict raw foodist to reap the benefits of a raw diet. Next time you want a sweet treat, try Christa’s raw, vegan, and sugar-free Cashew Cake Batter Pudding recipe.
Try Christa’s easy six-ingredient Cashew Cake Batter pudding for dessert tonight.
- 1 heaping cup raw cashews, soaked for one hour and then drained (soak your nuts, pardon?)
- 1 cup pure water (or unsweetened almond milk or coconut water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter (found near the nut butters in the baking aisle of health food stores)
- ½ teaspoon dark-liquid stevia
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Raw cacao nibs or raspberries (optional)
Blend all ingredients together in a food processor. Refrigerate and serve cool. For added pleasure, combine with raw cacao nibs before refrigerating. Top with organic raspberries.
To find out why cashews are king, read the full article.
Deliciously related articles from alignyo: