As we bid adieu to the long hot summer days, we give a great big welcome to the crisp autumn season. When I think of fall, immediately I conjure up thoughts of all the fun outdoor activities and tasty foods that I’ve craved since the dark days of winter.
Here are a few ideas for getting up and out this fall.
- Apple and pumpkin picking. Whether you love to bake or just love to eat, apples and pumpkins are plentiful this time of year. Hay rides, apple cider, and baking are all part of the adventure. Find a local farm or pumpkin patch in your area.
- Play outside. It’s that simple. Don’t retire your bike sneakers just yet. Bike, hike, run, or gather friends and family for a game of football, softball, or soccer. Escape to a local park. Hey, just jump in a pile of leaves like no one’s watching!
- Visit a fall festival. Outdoor festivals are abundant in the fall. There are tons of music, food, arts and crafts, and beer festivals to name a few. A simple search on Google or Patch.com (not available for all states) can help you locate an event near you.
- Decorate for Halloween. My favorite holiday is Halloween. I love dressing up, spooky decorations, haunted houses and hay rides, and all the creativity that surrounds it. I’m fortunate enough to live in a town that holds the second largest Halloween parade in the world according to the Guinness Book of World Records… you should come visit!
- Take a vacation. Now that summer is over and tourism in some areas has come to a halt, it’s the perfect time for a getaway (and an affordable one at that). Take a drive to the mountains, rent a cabin, tour a winery, explore a new town. Go anywhere, just go.
There are so many reasons to fall in love with fall. What do you love most about this time of year?